Container Servicing & Rates
South Port has a 30,000m2 container storage and servicing area for the provisions of the following services:
- Survey and repair to a ‘cargo-worthy, wind and watertight standard’, where all repairs are carried out to IICL5 standards.
- MPI approved container wash, container-devanning area for FCLs and LCLs. Reefer pre-trip inspection area.
- Plugging in and monitoring service that provides for two monitors per day, one a.m. and one p.m. plus an additional monitor one hour after plug in.
Advantages to Shipping Companies
- Repositioning containers directly into Bluff, representing savings on inland transportation costs to the shipping industry.
- An on-port alternative to the current service providers with a competitive pricing structure.
- The speedy and cost effective turnover of shipping company container stocks through the provision of a motivated and efficient container servicing team.
- The intention is to run this operation purely as a transit facility providing the above services and not as a normal depot operation.
Please contact the Business Development department for container servicing rates or enquiries.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: + 64 3 212 6003