If you need to carry out hot work (welding or flame-cutting) on board a ship in the Bluff port or commercial areas you must submit a hot work notification prior to commencing.Complete a hot work notification online
In addition to your hot work permit application form, as a minimum the following checks must be completed:
· all combustible materials within surrounding areas removed or made safe.
· no flammable liquids, vapours, gases or dusts present.
· no hot work while any bunkering operations are in progress.
· suitable fire extinguishers/hoses provided onsite and fully operational.
· operator knows how to use fire equipment.
· operator knows how and where to raise fire alarm.
· an inspection of the surroundings of the work area(s) is carried out at least one hour after hot work is completed.